Black fly with white spots on its wings?

I was bit by one of them. I have never seen them before. We live in S E Wisconsin. Just wondering what thay are and if my leg is going to turn green and fall off?

Phianabismoma

Asked by Phianabismoma at 12:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Health

• If you are hurting go to the ER
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• good news. it won't turn green... more of a turquoise. lol. nah. i'll go google it. always fun to find more bugs to be scared of.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 12:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Its like a bee sting. not to bad. Swollen, red, pain is about a 4 or 5 if i touch it. I was wondering what it was. I looked on line for about a 1/2 hour and did not find it.. The dame thing was in my girls bed room it flu to me bit my leg and TRIED to get away. gracefulsky thanks for looking. maybe you will have more luck.

Phianabismoma

Comment by Phianabismoma (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• after much research, i regret to inform you that i am now afraid of any fly i see... have you seen those pictures??? ew! sadly, i couldn't find a fly with white spots on its wings... but, if oyu live near a farm, or in the country, it could be a deer fly.... apparently they hurt.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 1:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• lol when i was looking i was thinking the same as you. thanks for doing it tho.

Phianabismoma

Comment by Phianabismoma (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2010