Neighborly?

I live in a townhouse and the house attached to mine has been empty sense before i moved it (over a year ago). I have neighbors in there now and i'm not sure how to properly introduce myself and my boys. It looks like a single dad and his preteen son are living there. But i'm not sure.
Also, they only moved in like 2 days ago, so when would be good timing.

gosh, socializing seemed so much easier when i was a smoker.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would wait until you are both outside and just introduce yourself. probably within the next week would be a good time frame
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 12:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Just go over there with a dish of some dessert and welcome them to the neighbor hood.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Oh & make sure you put it on a disposable dish.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• When me and my mom moved into a duplex the neighbor brough us a basket, it had
    a small bouquet of flowers, a letter stating when garbage comes and goes and how to set up getting a can delivered, as well as recycling, a bar of chocolate and something else....
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Maybe wait til you see them outside and go out and say oh hi Ive been looking for an excuse to say hello. If you can see your mailbox from the inside that's always a good place to try to catch your neighbor.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would wait until you "run into them" just keep a ear out for when they are coming home or outside. Go out side and just say HI I'm _____ welcome to the neighborhood, and shortly tell them about your family. Then the ball is in their court if they want to pursue it any farther. Make it easy, you don't want to bother them if they are getting settled in their new home, and knock on their door or anything. Just make it casual and friendly :)
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Hahaha I totally miss the social side of smoking!
    Maybe just kinda keep an ear open to when they're coming or going, and when they're outside, go out and check your mail or "get something from your car". Then use that time to introduce yourself to them.
    LeiLana80

Answer by LeiLana80 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• well, that's why i mentioned the smoker comment.
    The only time we are usually outside is in the morning before most of the rest of the neighborhood is stirring or when we our on our way inside or outside.

i knew someone would tell me to make a dish of something. ...I am learning how to cook and don't really bake ...ever. so that might not be the best idea. LOL

oh well. my boys are very social. maybe i'll just let them break the ice.
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• ooo. that's a good idea domonique. I remember moving in and not knowing when garbage night was.
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• take a pie or something like cookies and just knock on door and tell them where you live. Tell them if there is anything you can help them with you will try. I want to get to know my neighbors because I ha meve kids and I want to know who lives by
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2010