How long do you usually have to wait at pediatrician"s office?

I am thinking about changing my son's doctor. She seems to be a really good doctor, but her waiting room is way too small, everyone is always right up next to everyone else and several times we have been and there was people waiting out in the hallways and everything. And the wait time seems crazy, I know she has a lot of patients but we have waited 3 and 4 hours at a time before. And there is no toys or anything to keep DS entertained and he usually ends up getting really grouchy by the time we see the doctor. How long do you wait and your child's doctor? And how long would you be willing to wait?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Kids' Health

• It depends on how busy his office is or if he had a emergency at the hospital. We have waited any where form 20 minutes to 2 hours. You can always bring some toys for your little one to play with. Before switching(if you have insurance) make sure it is okay with them. Some don't allow it without some type of notice.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Whoah that is totally ridiculous. We only wait about 10 minutes, if that. There's no toys in the waiting room, but even if there were, I'm kinda a germaphobe so I wouldn't use them :)
    Unless your doctor is miraculous, I would start looking for someone else!
    LeiLana80

Answer by LeiLana80 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I usually wait about 10-15 mins.. and that's because i get there early. I wouldn't wait any more then a half hour.. because we all know things happen and doctors could get backed up. But to wait 3 hours with a baby or a toddler!! yea right!! i would find a new doctor
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We usually get in to the room pretty quick, within in 10 mins of appt time or so. But it seems like we wait forever to see the dr once we are in the room. She is really good though and spends a lot of time making sure she answers all of your questions and is really good with kids. I really don't think I would be willing to wait 4 hours though. that is a little excessive. I actually wouldn't even wait an hour, I would be really pissed off once she got there.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 12:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Usually about 5 min or less.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I don't care how good she is I'd never wait that long! Is that with an appointment??? I think I'd leave if they ever left me waiting 30 minutes or more.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• 15minutes at the most. I'm usually there too early
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I've waited for an hour, maybe a little more at times.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We have been seeing the same peds DO for 6 years and have never waited more than 10 (rarely 20) minutes. I would not even wait an hour unless it was some sort of emergency on our end or the docs.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• 10 min at most. There are lots of toys and I actually see the nurses sanitizing them often. Plus, friends with ped and know how she is about things of that nature.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2010