what's the best way to get a job interview for someplace you've previously worked at (and left on good terms and was an excellent employee) that you've already applied to?

Management at this place keeps telling me, "Well when a position becomes available, we will email your app to the hiring manager and if you qualify, you'll get a call." Its crap what they are saying because I was told when I left 2 years ago that I was rehirable and while working there I always got excellent raises and had great attendance, never diciplined, etc. I gave them 7 days a week availability on my app too, and 2 different shifts. This is a major company that has not been hit by the recession( I watch the news ladies!) And the ONLY thing I can think of is that I was making some good ca-ching when I left there 2 yrs ago and they would rather pay an unexperienced person min. wage. I need a job bad! My husband and I are financially drained in every which way and have 2 young kids. We have 2 loans we are paying forwith high interest and a disconnect notice for just about every bill! Please give me advice!I need that job!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't know what to tell you, you're probably right about them not wanting to take you back because they can pay someone else less. Have you gone in in person and talked to the manager to let him/her know that you'd like to come back? Are there other similar companies/stores that might be interested in your area since you're experienced? If so then I'd talk to them too. Good luck!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Inside connections on the people that gave you those good reviews; talk to them. Competition is rougher than it's ever been before. Also, if you know co-workers there ask them of any openings that they hear of and to let you know. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2010