BP Oil

Should we boucott BP Oil. Why isn't the president taking over BP oil com. It is crazy on how long that oil has been spilling out in the ocean

seabrezze_11

Asked by seabrezze_11 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• BP is a British company. Our government doesn't take over companies. That isn't the way we are set up. Also, the BP stations you see in your community are privately owned. They are franchises which didn't have anything to do with the corporate BP or the spill. Boycotting the stations is just punishing the individual business owner. BP also sells its crude to a variety of companies world wide to make everything from asphalt to petroleum jelly to roofing shingles to plastics. It is very complicated.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Boycott it if it makes you feel better. I won't purposely boycott a company, but I don't buy gas at BP anyway, and they haven't missed my dollars. If I am traveling and a BP is the only place to get gas I will buy there. If there is a choice between a few stations, I will pick the best price / most conveniences and then be on my way.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm with Quinn and Jesse on this.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yeah Our Gov. isn't supposed to take over companies. Also I would trust BP (those that have worked in the Oil biz ) over the US Gov. (men in suits who have never pumped their own gas) to take care of an oil leak!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• what would we boycott? <<<<
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• what gas places are from BP?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I didn't know it was british stupied me I don't want to boucott I had a few Questions left to ask last night so I asked my son give me a Question. Well this is one of them I jusr wish someone whould stop the oil from going into the ocean.
    seabrezze_11

Comment by seabrezze_11 (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Our government does not take over companies.

Did you forget about GM?

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010