My daughter still lives at home

Should I have a curfew for her, and what time should that be. She is a good kid 23. She doesn't smoke, or drink, or drugs. She is a really good kid, but when she goes to a friends house she doesn't come home until late or not at all. Now I do know where she is at all times and I have the num to there house and cell num.
Most of her friends still live at home also

seabrezze_11

Asked by seabrezze_11 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I'm 23 and i could not imagine having a curfew.
    When i was living with my mom as an adult i was just that. An adult. I was respectful and let my mom know where i was, and would even call her if my plans changed. But i did this out of my own care for my mothers concern.

If she is a good kid (like you say she is) why would you give her a curfew?

My sister is a little screwed up. So when she was living with my mom past the age of 18 mom had rules. No boys in the house, be home at curfew. etc. ...But that's because my sister didn't act like an adult.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• no curfew. but a call so you don't worry would be good. Gosh when I was 23 I was already married!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't put a curfew on her, however you could ask her to call and let you know if she is going to be late or may not be coming home to prevent worrying on your part for no reason. It's more respect and courtesy way.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Well your house your rules she should at least call to let you know she is okay.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• She is too old for a curfew, just ask her to call when she is coming home late or if she plans to stay out all night. My daughter is 31 and she sends me a text if she is not coming home, it works out well.

Answer by older at 8:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I want to thank everyone who commented. I don't want to give her a curfew it is my husband. I have been married to him for 7 years he is not here dad. He says I need to give her a time when to be home. I told him she is old enough and doesn't get into trouble or doesn't go to bars she is at someones house I have argued with him about this a few times he thinks I let her get away with things becasue he had to be in the house 10;00. until they kicked him out. I am going with what u all said but she will let me know if she is coming home from now on Thank U again..
    seabrezze_11

Comment by seabrezze_11 (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2010