Is a white mucusy discharge something to call the doctor about at 37 weeks?

Has this happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, sounds like your mucus plug. mine came out over the span of a week, then a huge glob came out and I went into labor that day.
    deelite12

Answer by deelite12 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It happens to everyone, some women don't even notice it. Its your mucus plug. Totally normal. No need to call the doctor unless its accompanied by pain or blood. Good Luck and congrats. =) Baby will be here soon enough.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Op here. Don't know why I posted anonymously. I actually lost my mucus plug weeks ago, so is this an actual sign of my cervix effacing?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't think so I thought it was a normal discharge.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It can grow back. Thats what my doctor said, It can come out several times it only take three or four days to regroup. It could also be that your effacing yes. Every time one of my boys melons got lower my discharge increased.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2010