Question about braxton hicks contractions

The past week or so, I've been having VERY strong BH contractions, and some even bring me to tears. My question is, do they get worse right before labor? Did yours get extremely painful before labor? And how long after them being strong did you actually go into labor? I'm just so ready for this to be over! It's been a long and painful road

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was getting what I thought were BH contractions and they turned out to labor pains!I decided to go in when they became regular. They were 5 and 4 minutes apart and sure enough! I was very much in labor!
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 2:12 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• BH shouldn't hurt. My BH never did, they were just very strong there at the end and got to the point where I would have to stop, they would take my breath away. I was induced though, so I'm not sure how BH relates to real labor.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• some BHs can hurt. they have NOTHING to do with you going into labor. it does nothing to your body.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I've been having them, and yes they can hurt, but I don't think they have anything to do with actual labor.
    Jenjen20101986

Answer by Jenjen20101986 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• my mom had BH like that for about a month before i was born.
    w/ my first son i only had strong painful ctx the day he was born.
    w/ my 2nd son, i had painful BH on a monday, then some non painful BH throughout the rest of that week, and then he was born on Sunday.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2010