You obviously need a moment.. here's a twix

Help ladies. If i'm wrong i'll admit that and apologize.

See I used to be a myspace person, then my cousin introduced to me facebook. So I left myspace and joined FB. Since joining i've added family.. even family I dont really talk too lol. I also added someone I considered a close friend. We would talk in the phone pretty much all day. She turned to be after having her baby because she felt I was the only person who understood. Anyway, she's recently been busy with school, and i have 4 kids so i'm busy all the time. So the other day she posts: "I've been busy but I swear there's a good reason for that." So I wrote, "It's cuz u dont love me.... whyyyyy whyyyyy LOL j/k". Those are the exact words I wrote. She sent me a message saying, "Your the one thats never around. Yeah so whatever." oooOOookay... I wrote back, "Your in school and I have my hands full. You know that. But i'm always here." She wrote back "Mmm Hm". CONTD

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Well first off, you aren't wrong for having your priorities straight. It sounds like she is expecting a bit much from you, but at the same time it may be her hormones. Call her up and find out for sure if she was joking with you or if she really feels that you are "neglecting" her. It's hard to decipher emotion through text. You sound like a wonderful friend and I don't see any reason why she should be cross towards you. Good luck and I hope you both can work through this.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You were not in the wrong. Maybe she was just having a bad day?
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 4:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Go talk to her. She may be overwhelmed and not taking the text/messages in the right context. That's the problem with written word, it's hard to tell what the tone of the other persons voice. Sometimes, you need to just pick up the phone to straighten things out. Good luck
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Didnt mean to post anon lol CONTD Anyway that kinda confused me because I am literally the only one in her corner. When she got preggo and everyone turned on her. I stayed. When she had issues with her now husband, I walked and talked her through it. When she wanted to go back to school, I helped her stay on track... even bought her books because without them she would have to quit the class.

So my QQ is... am I wrong? For being busy with my kids and my family? OR is she having a moment and expecting way to much?
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would talk to her off of facebook and see what's going on. Something could be and she could be feeling stressed.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Good advice, layh41407! She may be feeling overwhelmed and need you, but doesn't want to straight out ask you, knowing you are busy and not wanting to chance rejection. I do this sometimes. I feel overwhelmed, need a break, a shoulder, someone to say "This too shall pass," but if I reach out to my family or friends and am hit with, "I'm walking out the door, can't talk now, etc." then I am more upset at that point. Do that 3-4 times in a row, and you have a weeping mama on your hands! :(

You mention she's had a baby. In the last year? That first year, sometimes you feel like an idiot and want to ask questions, but it seems too piddly to bother people about. Have you talked to her much since the baby has been born? Does she need encouragement? I'd look behind the "harsh words" to the "hurt feelings". Maybe you aren't the one that hurt her feelings, but she needs to vent & has no one she trusts. Call her. You can help. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Dooble:
    Her DD is 2 and i have always been a phone call away. Everytime she took her to the ER. Picture messages of bites and scratches that she was unsure about. Up until about 2-3 weeks ago we talked every other day. She's in school and my DD's schedule is a work on progress. When im awake, she'd be sleeping When I am awake and she's at school I dont bother her.

I will call her.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2010