Yesterday I got an unexpected promotion at work...

Yesterday I go promoted to 2nd shift assistant supervisor. Today I got nothing but attitude from the group of people I usually work around. One of the girls in the group asked me if she could go get a drink of water and I was talking to the guy who runs product on the floor for me so I put my finger up ( as if to say wait a second) and she says " bitch, it's just over there damn" well I turned around and said "excuse me I am having a conversation, my name ain't bitch, and you don't have to ask to get a drink just let me know you are going." Well someone told my Supervisor what was said and he fired her on the spot. She called me when I got off and apologized and told me who told on her and said this person was talking shit about you all night, blah-blah-blah, and she wants me to help her get her job back?? WTF

MrsAJLaw

Asked by MrsAJLaw at 3:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yea, I agree with what a pp said. They're definitely jealous. She was way out of line and she deserved to be fired. If I was in your position I wouldn't help her get the job back. She's just trying to brown-nose now b/c she realizes she effed up.

Congrats on the promotion, BTW!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Congrats on your promotion but it sounds like you have your hands full with a bunch of highschoolers
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• And deff don't help her get her job back. She don't have ant business calling u out of ur name!!! She needs to learn some respect. Maybe she won't run hee mouth at her new place of employment!!!
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 3:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• wow!!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Don't worry bout those girls they just mad cuz they didn't get the promotion
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 3:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• aww don't worry about it. She shouldn't have had attitude with you and she should have respected your authority, maybe she wouldn't have lost her job then. She has to learn some time lol.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 4:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• congrats on promo forget the haters!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Congratz on the promotion! And I highly doubt that she got fired ONLY because of her little outburst with you. Sorry you have to deal with it though.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Go to the library and check out The One Minute Manager

Answer by rkoloms at 2:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010