at a a loss

how do i start the going out without diapers. shes potty training an she uses the potty chair my worries r when we go out what do i do. she doesnt understand tell me when uhave to go pee pee. what should i do. do i just take her out in her normal clothes with underwear and just bring xtra clothes for when she has ana accident. and just clean her up and go on do i just let her make a mistake and go from there. i am at a a stand still right now. i am not sure what to do.any help would be great

FoxMulder1993

Asked by FoxMulder1993 at 4:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make sure she goes potty before you leave. Take extra clothes, and ask every 30 minutes or so if she needs to potty.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• maybe use pull ups while you are out for the first little while until you get the hang of it. that's what were doing.
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 5:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Just bring extra clothes with you and have her go to the bathroom before leaving.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 7:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• What I do is, Let her go potty before she leaves, takes extra clothes, and keep asking her if she has to go. I also take her potty with me, Sometimes I have to pull over. She can also put underwear on with her with pull ups over them.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:12 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Start out with short trips here and there, but learn where all the restrooms are! Some stores do not have restrooms for the public (although I heard they have to let you use them if you ask....I don't know if that is really true or not). If it has been awhile you can go to the restroom and go yourself and ask her to try. Sometimes just being in there will make her want to go. Also, be prepared with hand wipes, etc. Some restrooms are not kept up as they should be. Friends and I have taught little ones that "only grownups can touch things in public restrooms". That might help keep her from having her hands on everything. Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2010