trouble with diapers and my baby boy peeing through them

I have a little boy almost 4wks old and i am starting to have trouble with diapers.he will pee and one side of his clothes will get wet.parents choice diapers are real bad about it the diaper wont even be that wet.luvs brand was a little bit better
just wondering if any of you mommas with boys have had this problem and what diaper worked best for you

Asked by alyssa1 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had this problem with Pampers with both of my boys, so I use Huggies. However, I know some moms have this problem with Huggies and they use pampers. I think you need to see what fits your child the best.

Answer by layh41407 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I had that problem with my son when he wore huggies. Pampers and luvs works best on my son, never had any problems with either of those two.

Answer by jessran1218 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I think it depends on the kid.......I couldn't use anything other than Huggies on my son, while my best friend whose son is 6 months younger than mine, couldn't use Huggies at all. Trial and error I guess.

Answer by stretchswife at 8:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Different brands fit different kids differently. You just have to experiment. Also, try going a size up. Everytime I've had a problem like you're describing I was putting them in a diaper that was too small. Pampers recently changed their diapers and I think they aren't worth the money. In the newborn days, I find Huggies Supreme Lil Snugglers fit the best, then once they get into size 2's, I like generics just fine, my favorite being Target, Walgreens, and Sam's Club.

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Make sure his "hose" is pointing the correct direction!

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• LOL jesse123456! That's what my hubby always said!

I remember nights like that tho! Huggies were the only ones that worked for me.

Huggies overnights were a God send once my DS was big enough to fit in them!

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have a boy, and I've found Huggies to be the best! If you haven't, try them! :)

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have a boy and loved pampers. agree with the PP that to make sure it's pointed downward.

Answer by kh717 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• thanks everyone.

Comment by alyssa1 (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i think all boy have that problem. lol. the problem i was having is that i wasn't putting his pee pee down. oops.. my first boy didn't know i wasn't supposed to do that..

Answer by Audreysmommy123 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2010