Failed medical abortion? 2.5 weeks later... aborting now or miscarrying?

I had a medical abortion. 3 weeks ago I had the injection and 2 weeks ago I had the pills to start the explusion process. I bleed, thought it was over. Last week my hcg levels were still high, doc wasn't sure that it worked. This week, hcg levels also very high so it failed. Today, though, I've had a lot of cramping (that kept me up last night) and bleeding bright red blood - no clots though. Is this the abortion happening now, maybe? Or is this a miscarriage? Is it still an abortion a couple of weeks after the fact?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Health

• I would think it is would be called a miscarriage at this point, if that is really what is happening. Please get a checkup again.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Regardless of what you call it, you should be checked by your doctor.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would probably get checked again...maybe an ultrasound. If you are "miscarrying" now it is most likely due to the attempted abortion. Call it what you will, but Id call it abortion.
    megs2boys

Answer by megs2boys at 1:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You should go get an ultrasound. You may need a D&C to clear the tissue. Depending on your doctor you may need to go elsewhere. If there is still a heartbeat then you may need a surgical abortion and a lot of doctors won't do that, even if they offer the medical option.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Call it what you want but go to a doc now.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 7:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2010