Cosmetic surgery

I'm a 46 year old mother of 11 children that ages range form 30 (the oldest), to 6 the youngest. I seriously considering a breast lift and tummy tuck. My children (the older ones) and my boyfriend are very much against it saying I look fine (I'm 5'7" and weigh 214 lbs). I see myself every morning and evening when I shower. Am I being selfish by still considering it when the people I love and love me the most are so against it? HELP!!

Asked by Momof11kids at 9:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• If you want it then go for it!

Answer by kira25 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It's your body and your decision if you can afford it. It's not wrong to do what makes you happy. Especially with that many kids I can imagine you spend a lot of time making sure everyone else is happy.

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I want one to make me feel good about me. So you should do the same if it will make u happy why not.

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It's your body, not theirs. I think that if it is going to make you happy, do it.

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It's not a question of you "looking fine" to others, it's how you feel about yourself. If you honestly believe that this is what you need to do, have it done.

Answer by Scuba at 11:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Only you can tell this for yourself. You have to look at all the pros's & cons and make up your own mind. Do if only for yourself. If you feel that way. Not the media,ads, tv. What not. I hope you find your right decision. Good luck!

Answer by Angellinda at 12:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I can't tell you if you should or shouldn't get it done..

Just be sure to educate yourself on EVERYTHING about these procedures and other options aside from these procedures that may help. (ex. diet and exercise changes, etc).

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I will tell you ( I had a tummy tuck) and it was great. HOwever I would say get to a weight your happy with and stay there for a year before doing it. I gained weight after I had one and I see that it is better but with less weight it would be better.

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2010