Would you rather lose the sense of smell or taste?

Smell

ZandCsmom1968

Asked by ZandCsmom1968 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in

• I would rather HAVE smell...too many things you need to smell in the air to let you know if it is safe or not.. like chemicals ... plus I would miss flowers :)
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Taste...maybe then I could stick to my diet easier
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Smell. I have a bad sense of smell already so I don't think I would even miss it.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Actually both smell and taste can't really function without the other. To lose one sense, is to lose the other.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Sadly if you loose one, you loose the other. They are soooo intertwined and connected in the brain. There was a recent report of a lady who lost her sense of smell due to a weird drug interaction. She lost if for a few years actually. She said that food had no taste to it and most of it just was so wrong feeling. Like toast with butter tasted all wrong, wrong wrong. Posting the link.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127905543
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yes, you lose them both. I have allergies and have to really spice my food in order to have any sense of taste. It's terrible.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• PP's said it. Can't have one without the other. I know.. Iost my sense of taste for a week and smell went with it. SUCKS
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'd rather lose taste! I can't go on a diet because I just love how food tastes. If I couldn't taste it I wouldn't have to eat it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Smell. My mom has very little to no sense of smell and she's done just fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• smell
    TikkiNippets

Answer by TikkiNippets at 9:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2010