could i be having my baby early?

I'm 32 weeks and am already feeling what i think are BH contractions. I get pains in my back, sides and stomach. sometimes even in the vaginal area is hurting and won't stop. i feel a lot of pressure in my lower stomach. should i tell my doctor and should i be worried? will i make it to my due date?

Jenjen20101986

Asked by Jenjen20101986 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, give Dr a call to figure out what is really happening. Don't take any chances.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You should always tell your dr. when you have concerns and pains. they could be BH or they could be contractions. If they are contractions they will want to stop them.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 9:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would call the dr. atleast...could be nothing more than BH but you should always be sure...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• There is no reason to get opinions on here. 32 weeks is a bit early for BH and the pains you are experiencing, especially in the vaginal region. See your dr. ASAP.
    MombaBella

Answer by MombaBella at 9:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• its normal i have 3 kids and ive had that with all 3
    x_Starr_x

Answer by x_Starr_x at 9:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• the pain is not constant though it goes away after a little while
    Jenjen20101986

Comment by Jenjen20101986 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i agree with jreneei tell ur dr anyway even if they're not constant..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It could just be BH but I would go to the ER if your dr isn't open. I went in 3 times when i was pregnant b/c of BH and I thought my water broke. Its better to be safe than sorry. You don't want your lil one making an early appearance if you can keep from it ;) Hang in there
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• it IS normal to have BH at 32 weeks. my opinion is that you can never tell the difference between BH and "real" contractions until after the fact. if they lead to you having the baby, they were really, if not, they ewre BH! ;)

my son was born at 33 weeks :( i started feeling "bh" at 32 weeks. the day he was born, they started seeming really regular and i couldn't get them to stop by drinking loads of water and relaxing so i went to the hospital and he was born a few hours later. i would definitely mention it to the dr or midwife. (my son is healthy now thankfully)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i would call your doctor to be on the safe side.

my water broke and i delivered my son at 32 weeks. my water broke on a friday, but a few days prior to that i was having cramps. i felt like i was going to start my period - that's what the cramps felt like. i called my doctor and was told it was a sign of early labor. went in to be checked, and my son was the wrong way (head up) and the doctor felt his foot on my cervix. i was put on bedrest for a few days and went back in friday morning and had a sonogram. my son had flipped and was back in the head down position, but a few hrs later, my water broke.

good luck to you!
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 6:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010