Worst pain in the world....

I have a hernia in my tummy above my belly button. Well last night I was sleeping and i could feel it and now it is gone. All I am feeling now is a stabbing pain in my tummy when I cough. it feels like someone stubbed me and keeps doing it.. I called the doctor he said its normal and I should take cough medicine to stop cough and to relax.. Also that it is normal for the pain to be there since its my third pregnancy. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 9:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm so sorry you're experiencing this! I had many pains in my pregnancies. I guess so much is normal. But when you're miserable you want it gone. I hate coughing. I have a bad cough from a side effect from Chemo. It makes me miserable too! I'm curious on what kind of cough medicine you can safely take. Anyway if you feel this is in error or you're worse. If you believe you should go in to be checked out. Please do! Its your body and you know what's right and what's not. Just sending my care for you and your pregnancy.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I am so sorry for your pain... I feel bad cause my pain wont ever amount to what you feel! I hope your feeling better and your pain is gone.. Delsyum cough medicine is the safest it is children medicine and it has helped some so far. But I am not looking for it to wear off. Thank you again for your thoughts if it worsen I will be heading in to the hospital they open in about an hour.
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2010