Would u marry a cheap man?

And I do mean cheap!!!!!

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 10:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Crazy for Credits

• Yes, and I did, money does not always bring happiness.

Answer by older at 10:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No I would not marry a cheap man, my DH lets me spend whatever I want
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I did. LOL he is very much like my dad. penny pinch, haggle till he is out of breath. But I love it. I know we're both on the same page when it comes to money.. however, if I ever get the need to wanna splurge I call him and let him know and he does the same.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i thought i did, but he's just selective about purchases. i mean, when he decides to buy new clothes, he spends money!! where i buy most of my clothes on sale, or from cheap stores (i mean, i don't do anything but clean house and walk the dog, y'know?). he can spend money like there's no tomorrow..i like that! BUT..he doesn't do it often, and its always AFTER bills are paid, or with upcoming bills in mind. i really like that..he takes care of things, so i don't have to worry.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yes I would. Money doesnt bring happiness.... you can have tons of money and buy and buy and buy and buy until you just cant stand to buy anymore, but in the end, that money isnt going to buy you love, happiness, family, respect or loyalty.
    When you can survive the hardest times together being cheap then you know that your TRUE happiness comes from just being together and not how well off you live.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 10:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• If I truly loved him. However, it's unlikely that I'd date and fall in love with a really cheap man. We wouldn't get along, and I don't say that because I'm superficial or anything, because I'm not. I just wouldn't like someone try to control everything I spend.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I did the first time around, and it was horrible. He even went grocery shopping with me to make sure I didn't waste money on "silly things." He threatened to leave me because of my spending when I was preggo with my DD - because I spent $7 on a maternity shit that I needed. We had several thousand in the bank.

Being cheap and not having money are two different things; when my current DH and I first met he was pretty much broke and he was still the most generous man I had ever met. He's always ready to help someone in need, and wants me to have the best of everything. He used to save his gig money (we're in a band) to buy me things.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Nope.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• no!!!
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Well... he's not "cheap" but he does watch our money and works hard to make sure we have everything we need. He spoils me and I love it :) I think that being "cheap" would not matter to me as long as he treats me well. Money definitely does not define happiness.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010