How do I find someone who does baby ear piercing without a gun???

I want my daughter's ears done with a needle and a hoop placed in her ears vs a gun and stud. Any ideas how I might find one? I live in Tampa Bay Florida and would appreciate any ideas.

MirandaBooher

Asked by MirandaBooher at 10:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ouch I didnt know they did it that way. Dont they do it at the Dr's office too if its a very young child? I am saving my dd's ears until she is old enough to ask for it and pick out her own first earrings.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• The guy that did my tattoo did my daughters. I hate guns they are so dirty. So I asked him if he would and he said yes and was happy because they keep their needles so much cleaner.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 10:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Google it or call some piercing shops.
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Definitely go to a piercing shop. I'm with the other girls here; piercing guns are dirty. they don't really pierce the ear, it's more like tearing it.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Why would you do that? The gun is faster and less painful. Just go to a professional who uses the gun and have them do it.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Call around to local piercing shops...The gun is quicker but causes more damage, the needle will heal quicker :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree with the others who said go to a piercing shop.
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 10:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yup, a tattoo/piercing shop will be able to do it for you. Call ahead, some tattoo shops don't like/allow kids inside. Talk to whoever's going to be doing it, check out their book before hand, check online to see if they have any reviews. The guns are NASTY especially the ones @ the dr's office!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No "professional" uses a gun. Why the rush to pierce her? Wouldn't you rather her decide that since she is the one that has to live with either the holes or scars for the rest of her life? If you are insistant I would advise calling piercing shops, and only use one who uses autoclave sterilized needles.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• There is a place here in New York that does it called Utopia. Call local piercing and tattoo shops and ask if they pierce kids. I took DD when she was almost 4, and all they wanted was her birth certificate and my id. I applaud you, even though I don't agree with piercing infants, I'm glad you want to get it done the RIGHT way.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2010