Would you take your kids to the circus?

My husband is adamantly against circus' because of how they ofte treat the animals. I am too, I guess, but I do remember the circus being fun when I was little. Do you go to them?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, we do not go to the circus. I am against cruelty to animals. I could not enjoy myself or want my child to see the hurt and the pain that these animals go through just to be in the circus.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We go to the Shriner's Circus every year. So, Yes.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I haven't been to one in years, but the answer to your question is yes.

Answer by older at 10:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Took my kids several times, but your husband has a point. Might want to find a more mutually agreed upon activity.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• we went 2 weeks ago...my dd enjoyed it but the horses mouths were tied down ( dont know how to explain it ) it was sad like they couldn't close there months and there heads hanged really low !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I take my kids to the circus, Ringling Brothers is known for treating their animals very well (for being in captivity). I wouldn't go to the fly by night circuses though.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I really want to take them. The circus came through in March, but it didn't work into our schedule. Hopefully, it will next year. I'm not concerned about how they treat animals.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yes, I will take him when hes a little older. Its so expensive now I want to make sure he remembers going!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2010