uses for toaster oven

Can you re-heat food in a toaster oven? If so, what kind of dish could i use? i plan on getting rid of my microwave.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes, I use a stone.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• They make special dishes meant to go into the toaster oven. My ex uses his toaster oven to reheat food, the only issue he has is that the space is smaller than the microwave, and if you put too much food in at once to reheat it will dry out before it's warmed through.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Ours get used a lot especially to re-heat pizza; toast garlic bread many other uses.  10 Best Uses for Your Toaster Oven

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Absolutely - I use a pyrex dish. We haven't had a microwave for 4 years.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Good idea in getting rid of the microwave. Much healthier way of reheating food. Walmart sells bake ware for toaster ovens, the have muffin tins, bakeing sheets that have about a 1 inch edged rim around it. I cook small roasts in mine, baked potatoes, muffins, fish, burgers, fries, almost anything, I'm also thinking of it being more cost efficient than heating up the big oven. Smart move.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You know I have also just line the rack with tin foil and baked right on that and that is an easy clean up, just toss it away when finished.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• When we first moved out into our first place when we were 18 the place didn't have an oven, nor had we bought a microwave, so for the first week we used it for EVERYTHING. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Metal pan or tempered glass (like pyrex). I keep parchment paper around to line pans.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Thank you to all that answered! All very good answers! I think we are going to pull the plug on the microwave. Thanks!!!
    SeventiesChild

Answer by SeventiesChild at 11:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I got my toaster oven about 8 months ago and I had no idea how much I would use it. I love it!! We use ours almost every day for everything. We can reheat left overs, especially ones that would get soggy or rubbery in the microwave. Ours fits frozen pizzas, and we also make our own little ones. It cooks faster than the oven and doesn't heat up the house.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2010