How do you make iced coffee? or iced frappaccino?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 10:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• This is the best home made frappe I've ever had:

Mocha Frappe

18-22 ice cubes, broken into medium chunks with hammer or mallet
    7 oz. double strength coffee, cold
    1/2 c. chocolate sauce or syrup
    1 big scoop all natural vanilla bean ice cream

Add all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and frothy. Garnish with whipped cream and extra chocolate sauce if desired.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Iced coffee...the coffee needs to be stronger than you would normally brew it. Then, you take a tall glass- put a spoon in it, and fill it with ice. Now pour the coffee over the ice... and add a flavored simple syrup and milk. Stir.

for frappacino, the coffee needs to be 3x the strength of regular coffee. Take a glass, fill it with cooled coffee concentrate halfway, add a couple of table spoons of a flavored sugar syrup, and then top it off with cream.

toss this in a blender, then pulse until slushy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• iced coffee is just ice abd coffee, creamer and sugar if u like. fraps are made in a blender. add coffee,cream and sugar if u like and a couple of pieces of ice to start off with.blend and add more ice as needed utill u get the consistancy u like. sometimes i top with whip cream like starbucks do!
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Iced coffee is just coffee and ice and if you want cream and sugar but sweetened condensed milk works if you are making an entire pot of it.

The Frappachinos are made from a mixture, so you won't be able to make them just like starbucks.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Ingredients
    4 cups fresh brewed coffee
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
    1/4 cup white sugar
    1/4 cup boiling water
    3 cups crushed ice
    1/2 cup cream
    Directions
    1.Refrigerate coffee until cool, about 30 minutes. Chill four glasses, if desired. Stir vanilla extract and sugar in the boiling water until dissolved. Refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes. Divide the ice and chilled coffee evenly between the four glasses. Stir in cream and sugar mixture, to taste.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I brew espresso and add ice

Answer by rkoloms at 11:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I use coffee brewed as usual then chill it. I either add regular ice cubes or frozen coffee ice cubes or just drink it chilled. I don't like to add sweetener or creamer, but then I don't add these to hot coffee either.

Answer by Bmat at 11:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I make my coffee as normal but double the recipe and mug size. Then I add choc. syrup and ice and blend well. =)
    MichelleK41

Answer by MichelleK41 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2010