Do you like the idea of our children attending school on saturday/sunday???

I say thumbs down!! they need breaks just like working parents do...... I would definately protest against that idea. If it came to that. What do you think?

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am totally against it. Children need time to just be children and to run and play and have fun.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I am against it... I am for learning opportunities on the weekend, but not actual school.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 10:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• no..is this a possibility? school 7days/wk? i'd switch to homeschooling, just for that reason!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No, I would not like that at all, but I don't think we have to worry about that any time soon. In our area, they are thinking about doing school Mon-Thursday to save money.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No, weekends should be family time. We homeschool so this isn't an issue for us anyway, but if it was, I'd be totally against it.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No, not in favor of that!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree with you op. And I also have to add that if kids are in school that long it gives the government WAY TOO MUCH control over what our kids learn and how their minds develop.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I wouldnt be in favor on kids going to school on the weekend either. The towns school over went to a longer day at school and 4 days a week, so they are going to school from 8-4 or 8-5 and getting a 3-day weekend
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't like that, either. I could understand if it was because there were an abnormal amount of snow days or something like that where they had to make it up, otherwise, no.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No I would not like it at all and I would not agree with it. We look forward to our weekends, and is a time we can actually connect with each other and catch up and take time for each other. Quality family time. This is our time, our weekend!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2010