Do you have backyard bon fire?

What do you do while you are sitting there?
What do you cook?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 11:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have one almost every weekend as soon as it's warm enough to sit outside. We usually have hotdogs and smores and we always make mountain pies, they are the best! I like to just sit around the fire and talk, it's very relaxing for me.
    MamaLori

Answer by MamaLori at 11:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We do! Usually we just roast marshmallows, and we just sit around and talk.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We have a small back yard burn pit. It's an iron ring with large stones around it.
    night.magic

Answer by night.magic at 11:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We have a fire pit. We don't use it to cook, but have used to roast marshmallows and make smores.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yep! We just hang out and talk...sometimes make smores.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• MamaLori what are mountain pie?
    QandA

Comment by QandA (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yes, Smores are greart fun
    TinaP0223

Answer by TinaP0223 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Mountain Pies are like a sandwich made over a campfire. You use two slices of buttered bread and add almost anything you want to the inside and then toast them in a mountain pie maker over the fire.Our favorite fillings are pizza (just use sauce, cheese and pepperoni), apple or cherry pie filling and peanutbutter with chocolate and marshmallow (think warm reese cups! YUM!) We even make breakfast in them when we go camping. I just scramble up a dozen or so eggs before we leave and cook up some bacon, mix them together and then make breakfast sandwiches. Seriously the best things ever for over a campfire! I didn't know that you can't get the makers everywhere until my friend from NJ had visited and they had never heard of them either. It must be a regional thing. I live in PA. This is what a maker looks like
    http://www.amazon.com/Old-Mountain-Seasoned-10125-Double/dp/B001AT22ME/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=12782232
    MamaLori

Answer by MamaLori at 2:04 AM on Jul. 4, 2010