how do I ease teething in my 8 month old infant?

tried orajel, tylenol, pacifier & still screaming. the 2 teeth on bottom are breaking through the top of gums. can't wait til they pop out so he will get relief!

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 11:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried to put a wet wash cloth and twist one of the corners.. in the freezer?

teething tablets are a GOD send.. they're a little spendy on the pocket book but they're at walmart in the baby section it's completely worth it.. any mom i recommend it too.. have used and loved them! also at target they have vibrating teething things.. my son loves those too.. it calms him down.
    Audreysmommy123

Answer by Audreysmommy123 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• give him something hard and cold to chew on to help them come through quicker. I recommend a carrot.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm with the previous poster on teething tablets. They are worth every penny!! I don't know why they work but they do.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I used a frozen wash cloth and I would peel bananas and cut them in half then put a popsicle stick in one end and freeze them, sit them in their high chair and sit near then while they are chewing on it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree with the teething tablets. They are a homeopathic way to ease the pain of teething. Loved them!!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I also reccomend teething tablets. For my son, sometimes I had to give him quite a few to see that they worked, but they always worked for him. I would give him three at a time, 15 minutes a part. Also, I would try Motrin instead of Tylenol. I have found for my son the Motrin worked faster, better and lasted longer. Once they are 6 months old they can have Infants Motrin. And they are getting easier to find, but my son LOVED the vibrating teethers. We only had one, since it was almost $10 but that was the one and only teether he would chew on. Hope that helped!
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Frozen teething toys work really well
    TinaP0223

Answer by TinaP0223 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Put an ice cube in a sock, tie a knot in it, and let him chew on that. It will help numb it and he'll think it's fun.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Stop oragel. It can make it worse, plus it can burns and numbs everything but where the ache is. Medications last 30 minutes at best and it is too tempting to overmedicate. The best things are cold, chew toys, patience, time, distraction, sitting upright and cuddles.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I froze the Soothie pacifiers and both my sons chewed on them. Neither of them took a pacifier, but they liked them frozen. As well as frozen washclothes. We avoided using a lot of orajel as well. Try teething tablets. You can get them at Walmart and they are inexpensive and last a long time. I still had some left for our second baby from our first.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2010