Clothes and potty training

My daughter is two and a half and for the most part potty trained but I need some help with the clothes, when she has no clothes on she uses the potty or tells me with her clothes on she pees her pants all the time. I don't understand why and I need help finding the best way to help her out. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Also I don't think the problem is she can't get the clothes off because she doesn't even try to.

JRHunt18

Asked by JRHunt18 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Aaaa. My son did this! But NO MORE!!!! I put him in clothes each morning and would ask if he needed to go potty. I also would periodically remind him that he needed to take his clothes off when he went. As soon as he wet the clothes, I took them off, and told him he could NOT have dry clothes the rest of the day. He had to go naked since he wet them. After about a week we no longer had a problem. He learned to get himself to the potty instead of wetting his pants. I almost think his clothes were like a diaper, in his mind, and he could wet them.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• 1. Let her run around with no clothes on her bottom (dresses/nightgowns) as much as possible for 3 days....
    2. If she has to wear pants make it loose/baggy... NO jeans/Tights.... NO Panties!
    3. After accident stop, slowly start putting normal clothes back... start with baggy/loose pants/short.... and then in a few more days if she seems ready let her wear panties again.. and then after that let her wear jeans/ tighter clothes again...

This is how I PTed my dd in 3 days when she was 18mo.... Worked like a charm!!

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010