Anyone else have an ancient/messed up computer?

Mine is really starting to get on my nerves, lol. MY computer is only a year old but the graphics card fried on it and I don't have the money to fix it so I'm using my husband's computer.
We bought this thing in 2003...it's ancient. Every time you load a page it stalls out. If I try to switch to a different tab in Firefox I have to wait 5 minutes for it to load, lol.
Now the mouse isn't working. When I try to click on a link the page will jump and something else will get clicked instead (yesterday it was the neg button). Now it's not registering I'm pressing anything. It just sits there even if I press 20 times. But the screen keeps jumping up and down every few clicks and I never know what's going to get pressed.
Can't wait to get my computer fixed because I can't take this any more.

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 12:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've had my computer since 1999. It's been overhauled twice and memory added to the max. It has served it's purpose over the years, and thanks to this outdated machine I have learned the art of patience. However, my patience is growing thinner and thinner by the day now, so I definitely need a new one.
    ajeffery1032

Answer by ajeffery1032 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I bought mine in 2004 and it is messing up but only because lightning ran in on it. It is barely working and looses connection with the internet alot. I am looking to buy a new one. I did replace the hard drive a couple years ago and I have a few keys missing, thanks to my cat but it is still holding on. I may have to bury it tomorrow though.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 12:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I had to completely wipe the C drive to even get this one working.  My husband had so much crap on it (downloading everything and not saving it properly, viruses, etc).  It was working pretty well at first and then my husband got on it and created his own profile, downloaded something he had had before and after that...nothing worked.  I was so ticked.  He lives in another state right now so he's only used it that one time and screwed it all back up so nothing works.  I'm the one that has to suffer.  I can't wait to move and get the money to replace the graphics card on my computer and HOPE the hard drive is okay (last time I used it I got a notice saying the hard drive was failing).  My important photos and scrapbooking stuff is backed up but I don't want to have to buy another hard drive...it's a 1Tb drive.

justanotherjen

Comment by justanotherjen (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Oh wow, I did...and still had dial up unitl about 6 months ago....had to splurge to get a new monitor, modem and we now have FIOS. It's like heaven online now compared to before.
    momof3angela

Answer by momof3angela at 5:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2010