Just had a miscarriage...how long before cramps and bleeding stop?

I know I just had a miscarriage, I was 9w2d. The cramps and bleeding were building up over night and then not too long ago I thought I was going to vomit or pass out from the pain and then I believe the fetus passed. I had heard that pretty quickly after that happens the cramps start to go away, anyone know if that's true? Does the bleeding slow quickly too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Health

• Mine lasted over a week after that, BUT mine was a "missed miscarriage" meaning not everything came out like it should. See your doctor. I almost bled to death with mine. No joke. I had a D&C done and just missed having to get a transfusion.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Take care.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 12:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You need to get seen by a doctor now, if you don't complications might set in.

Answer by older at 12:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I forgot to mention I am really sorry for the loss of your baby, it is traumatic to have this happen but you need medical attention.

Answer by older at 12:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i'm sorry for your loss : ( when i had mine everything stopped fully within about a week. you should go to your doc to get checked though just to be sure.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• YOu really need to see your Dr. If you are having cramps still... I don't think everything has passed out that should. Its nothing to mess around with.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 12:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yes, this is a doctor situation. They need to make sure that all of the tissue is expelled properly so infection doesn't set in. It's likely they won't see you till Monday, but you should call today to learn what your doctor wants you to look for to seek emergency treatment.

there is information, here

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• When I miscarried it was sort of like a heavy period and lasted about 5 days. Sorry for your loss.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• That much pain and sickness is not normal for a miscarriage please go get seen. It is a hard loss you are going through now and depression may be setting in making it hard to leave the house. I really am sorry for your loss, but please go get checked out. If things do not get completely passed it can cause a lot of problems including infertility and even death. So please go to the Dr.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. Go see a doctor please. I have had 2 miscarriages (both early on, 5 & 4 weeks) and I never had pain that bad. As for bleeding, it was like 4 days with the first and a week with the second.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2010