Do you feel that your deity speaks to you...

or do you just speak to Him/Her/Them?

Do you have a relationship?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I hear God in my relationship with nature. I walk the Bhakti path of yoga, which means I am in thankfulness and devotion every moment of my day. I see the fact that I am alive, that my dog is healthy, and that my children love me as direct communication from the divine.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 10:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It's not like we talk back & forth, but I know that I am heard and answered. I know because whenever we've been in a desperate situation and I've discussed it with Him, a solution has always presented itself soon after. Some would call it luck, but luck isn't 100% on target, kwim? Yet everytime I've needed help, and I mean really needed help, even when I told no one else except Him, a solution has presented itself without fail.

So, while our "conversations" may seem to be a bit one-sided, I know that I am heard and answered.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I don't literally hear my God speaking to me. I do speak to God but I don't hear a voice talking back to me.  I'm content knowing God hears me.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree with Ryans mom. That was a nice comment. In addition, I believe He sends people and opens doors....things like that. :)
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I guess I'm a tiny bit like mom2aspclboy my deities don't talk back and forth to me but I know they hear me and help me when I really need them especially in those desperate situations our family sometimes has I know they are there and they help. I do speak to them Her a little more than Him and I think I have a pretty good relationship with both of them.

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• yes, yes, and yes.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Simply put, yes. On a more complicated level, I'm not entirely sure how I would define Deity.

It is my listening that is lacking. I'm not in a place of being receptive, I have some things to work through... So yes, I believe that I am being "spoken" to but, until a get through some things I can't "hear" very well. It's like trying to have an intimate conversation during a rock concert, it's dark but I can still sort of see you, I know you are saying something & can almost hear you but, I have no idea what you are saying. Once, the concert is over, we can connect. I know you're there, for now that it is enough.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 4:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I believe we have a relationship, and I believe He "speaks" to me, although I don't mean that I've heard Him talking when I say this. I mean I have seen His hand in my life, and have felt His influence on me. I can look back and see times in my life when He was trying to show me what He wanted for me, and there are times when I can feel Him and His love. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I feel my Gods in more than a speaking manner. I feel them in my whole body and heart. I feel compelled to go a certain way sometimes.. Do certain things.. As if being guided toward the right direction. This usually happens after I've been meditating or talking to my Gods.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Many of them speak to me and I speak to them. And yes, we do...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010