Do you dress your babies?

I like to have dd dressed in an outfit every day.. maybe it's just me. I don't lay around in my pjs all day. I never even wore sweatpants outside the house until I got pregnant, and that was because that was all that fit me! lol. But anyways, I took dd (6mos) to walmart this morning to grab a few things. I just left her in her sleeper and ran into the store. I felt weird about having her in her jammies, then I saw a woman pushing a baby around in a cart in nothing but a diaper. I was like wow... Leave it up to walmart to make you feel better! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I didn't always have her dressed to the nines but she always had the diaper and top covered up. Usually, in the beginning for the first 9 or 10 months, I put her in onsie shirts and jeans. I have never been able to stand seeing a baby in public wearing only a diaper. Hell, I dressed her to hang around the house. She only wore just the diaper for three days in her baby hood and that was when we were in Florida and it was hotter than hell in my dad's house.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Ha ha...yeah I'm the same way. My baby always has to be dressed for the day. Usually after breakfast daddy or myself will give her a bath and then she gets a cute outfit for the day and sometimes two depending on what we are doing or if she got dirty.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My sister will take her kids anywhere in pajamas, at noon, 3 pm, 5pm she doesn't care. But I think she's a little nuts. They're either naked or in pajamas because she's lazy and doesn't put their laundry away.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No I dont dress my daughter in an outfit unless we are going somewhere. I dont see the point in doing that. If we are in the house she will be in a onesie, a diaper or her sleeper. Depending on how warm it is in the house. My daughter is in her sleeper right now since we dont plan on going anywhere today but if we go out I will put her on an outfit!!!
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Lol yes i ALWAYS dress my 9 month.. The only time i didn't was when she was a newborn. She always had a sleeper on cause it was cold out.. She doesn't even leave the house with out shoes on lol unless its really hot.. I don't understand taking a baby out with just a diaper on, that's weird
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yes I do. And walmart is like that. I see babies with no shoes or socks on every time I go there, even in the winter.
    beefjerky

Answer by beefjerky at 1:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• The only time I left them in just diapers was if we were home and very hot. Any time I took them out they had some kind of outfit on, and at home they usually wore a little outfit - sometimes a onesie, but not jammies.

Answer by Bmat at 1:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with a sleeper, I just see them as baby clothes, but the diaper thing bugs the crap outta me!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Mu guy always had at least a onesie on unless it was insanely hot. When we went out he'd wear pants and a shirt, in summer he wore shorts and either a t-shirt or a dressier onesie. Always shoes too unless it was the end of a long day out and I'd already put the shoes and socks back on a dozen times. ;-)
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I got sooo many cute outfits when I had my shower, I always dressed dd up everyday. I always took a picture of her at some point during almost everyday. So much fun with the little munchkins
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2010