How do you keep your pride and boredom setting in while unemloyed?

How do you keep your pride and boredom setting in while unemloyed? I'm thankful for the nice weather to get out and about.....

tabby1catt

Asked by tabby1catt at 1:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Spend some time every day looking for a job. Then get out and do things you would not ordinarily do - volunteer at the local PTA thrift shop or at a shelter - it will help you to see that there are those far worse off than you. Helping others always brings my spirits up and makes me feel useful.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Volunteer, join groups of people with similar interests to yours, keep up your job skills by study or taking classes.

Answer by Bmat at 1:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Well, I'm unemployed by choice, lol. I'm a sahm and I'm very, very rarely bored. I don't have time to be bored. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Get up everyday, get dressed and put your makeup on. When you look good your self worth will not drop. I agree with the other ladies, volunteer. When we help people who are worse off than we are it makes us count our blessings and you will never be bored.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 2:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Looking for a job is a full time job. You should be researching, networking, etc.

There are great tips and resourses in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group

Answer by rkoloms at 2:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Get out in your communiyt and network. You will be suprised who you meet and maybe you will find a new hobby or a job lead. If you are tired of working for someone, do some research on home based businesses.

Nicole
    www.trumpnetwork.com/nicolemuschett
    chiro789

Answer by chiro789 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• such gr8 support thank you all.....
    tabby1catt

Comment by tabby1catt (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My DH was laid off for over a year, he began a new job this past May, then just when we thought we would never hear from his old employer again they called him back. This after over a year of unemployment and daily job hunts and networking. I think family support is also key. I never belittled him for not being able to find a job, he had supported us for decades. I allowed him to enjoy a nice break from work before helping him buff up his resume etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2010