How would you like it if they did this to the Answer section?

Ok, so some of you like the credits and are having fun with the new game and crazy for credits categories. And the rest of us liked CafeMom being a place for more pressing mom and marriage related questions. What if they divided the Anwers section into to groups. One tab would display all the questions (most recent and most popular) posted in the serious categories, one tab one show the questions (most recent and most popular) posted in the fun categories, and the third tab would show all questions (most recent and most popular).

Wouldn't that make most of us a lot happier?

ThrivingMom

Asked by ThrivingMom at 1:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think that "games" and "support" would be 2 great categories to lump the current categories under. I don't think the serious/support questions get much screen time.
    beanielips

Answer by beanielips at 9:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• If you want to see the more serious question, click on the more serious categories. that why it's divided that way.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I don't think it would. People would still complain about the way it is. No matter what CM does to improve there site, there will always be a handful who "hate" it. I sometimes think people need to get over it and move on. This is CM's site and they can do what they want to it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Nah, I like it how it is. I answer both the serious and the fun questions, so I like them being posted together. They're already into categories so that people can click on the category they're trying to answer questions in.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I answer both and would find it a little too complicated to have to keep switching back and forth.
    I think people need to just lighten up and skip over the category they don't want to answer.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I like it the way it is. Going through the questions, some serious, some not so serious, gives you a break when you are having a bummer of a day to see something a little more light hearted instead of five Q&A's about husbands having affairs, etc. in a row. I think it's quite nice the way it is. Cafe Mom doesn't need to be like balancing a check book. Nice. Relaxing, Easy. Thanks <>
    MissMeredith

Answer by MissMeredith at 2:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I do think that the crazy for credit sections shouldn't be on the popular section so that the real questions could be read. Just let them get their bumps, but set it up where they won't go under popular.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• "skip over the category they don't want to answer"

This is part of the problem. A lot of us answered the recent and/or popular questions and now those two tabs are being consumed with the crazy for credits and game questions. If they divided them into 3 tabs like I suggested, then those of you who like both could go to the third tab. Those of us with limited time on CM that liked helping other moms with more serious topics could still see the most popular and most recent serious questions. *sigh* But I can see by the first 3 answers that I'm in the minority. CM is turning into more of a fun thing than a support thing.
    ThrivingMom

Comment by ThrivingMom (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Would make me happier. Although I do like the game; I also want my real questions answered.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 3:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2010