Summer Vacation .. Do you do it ?

Do you have a yearly summer vacation ? If so do you do something different each year or the same year after year ? We go to Disney every year it is a family tradition we started about 6 years ago and will continue to do as long as we can.

sew4fun

Asked by sew4fun at 2:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Travel

• We typically do. We had a Disney vacation planned for last month, but we canceled it because I'm pregnant. We decided to save my husband's 2 weeks of vacation time for when our daughter is born instead. We have been taking many closer weekend trips in place of our big vacation.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• yes, destin!
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 2:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We go to Garden City Beach, SC every year for a week with my family - my parents, 3 brothers, sister and their families. We stay beachfront in two 8 bedroom houses next to each other. For my family this has been a tradition since I was born and I love it! I also love that my kids get to spend time with their extended family - there are 13 cousins under the age of 13 and they have a great time playing together.

Answer by missanc at 3:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We don't necessarily take our vacation in the summer, but we usually go somewhere different.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We have done Yosemite for the last 3 years. We rent a house for a week. I would love to do something different next year though. I'm so sick of hiking!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• This is the first year we have been able to afford a family vacation. We are heading to Washington to see my MIL, her husband, my SIL and BIL. We plan to take a vacation with our kids every year, but we do want to see a lot of different places.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 12:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We seem to do slightly different versions of the same thing every year. I have a 90 yr old great uncle in LA. I drive the kids out every summer for the past 4 years. What we do on the way, while we're there, and the way back differ greatly. We just got back from this year's trip. I took them to Moab, UT, Las Vegas, LA. On the way home we went to Sequoia, Mt. Whitney/Whitney Portal (highest spot in the lower 48), Death Valley (lowest spot in the lower 48), and Vegas again.

Last year it was a quicker drive out and we were supposed to go to the Grand Canyon, but DH's father took ill, so we shortened the trip.

For next year we are trying to figure out how to get out to LA and go visit DH's sisters in Israel. I think I have found a way, but the cost may be too high.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2010