What is your hobby and why ?

What is your hobby and why ? Did someone in your family teach you ? Mine is sewing (among other things) my aunt taught me .

sew4fun

Asked by sew4fun at 2:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My only real hobby is reading. Yeah, I guess someone taught me, but I really don't remember who. I like to read every day and manage to get through a book a day, sometimes it takes 2 days though.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm a scrapbooker. A friend of mine taught me the basics and I have been doing it for a few years now. Cardmaking is my specialty.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I've always been a scrapbooker, I love capturing memories and creating something fun with it. No one really taught me, I've just always been into it. Now I'm dabbling in digital stuff, but we'll see where that goes!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I don't know why I Love my hobby. I had no parents or family in my life to care or influence me. But my love affair, pure passion is Cars! I adore Cars, live breath cars!! Especially Mopar cars. Dodge, Chrysler's & Plymouth's!! I do enjoy home decorating. I love to be kind and make help out friends! I adore pets.. Etc.. I love to collect... Etc.. I'm happy for everyone that has a good talent and hobby. its a good thing!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm a quilter - total fabriholic. I started by taking classes when I didn't even know how to operate my new sewing machine. Just decided I was going to learn after years of thinking about it. My family is still in shock - I'm a total klutz and non-crafty person and now I cannot stop making people quilts. But noone is complaining as lately I've been making personal quilts with digital photos printed on fabric. I love it and have tapped into a great creative outlet....
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 2:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I love reading. I'm guessing my mom is the one who taught me how to do that. I also enjoy scrapbooking and photography. I love capturing moments that are so special to me.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I taught myself cross-stitching.  I just find it so relaxing.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm also a sewer. My mom tried to teach me when I was around 12, I didn't do well in home ec, and then she even sent me to some private lessons and I didn't learn. Then when I was in my late 30's my husband bought me a serger for Valentine's. (Don't ask me why, I had a really cheap sewing machine that I didn't really know how to use!) But I learned to use the serger, and finally loved sewing, he bought me a better sewing machine, and I get better at sewing. Now I've been sewing about 10 years, and even teach sewing lessons. I just wish I had time for all of the projects I want to sew!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Does smoking count? :)
    Just kidding. I guess reading is my hobby- when I have time away from my 5 month old!
    LeiLana80

Answer by LeiLana80 at 6:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My outdoor hobby is horseback riding. I've been a horse fanatic since I could walk. I think my grandpa started me on that by taking me for rides in front of him before I was a year old. Over 40 years later, I'm still riding, just not as often as I'd like.

My favorite indoor hobby is cross stitching. I love being creative and making beautiful pictures. It's very relaxing when I'm not trying to keep the kids back and the cats off my stitching projects. I often give my finished items as gifts.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2010