what dog food would you or do you use?

we think our lab mix pup has hot spots and the man at the feed store told us corn wheat and chicken is bad.... but when we looked up ingredients on line it said they all had that.... what do you use that is good for your dog.... any suggestions would help thanks

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Pets

• you can try Blue. Or Royal Canine has some that are wheat and chicken free
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We use Iam Lamb and Rice for sensitive stomachs. It is the only thing my golden retriever can eat and keep down.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Wellness, canidae, Evo are good brands that have no corn, wheat, or soy.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• my mom insists on using the Moist & Meaty stuff for her dog. When I had my dog, I used store brand kibbles and bits
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We use natural or organic dog food. There are many varieties to choose from.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We use Nutro - it's natural/organic - no corn or wheat. Corn is terrible for dogs. We used to use Blue but it was very expensive and it has these little vitamin pellets that our dog wouldn't eat, so it was a waste - he wasn't getting all of his nutrition from the kibble. We tried Royal Canin and it was hard on his stomach - we have the most finicky dog on earth - so far, Nutro has been a big hit. Even the cat has been eating it.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 2:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We use Iams lamb and rice.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We used to feed Iams but they changed their formula a bit and one of our dogs developed an allergy. Since then we've tried several different brands before settling on Diamond Lamb & Rice.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Purina Dog Chow. The hot spots could be caused by fleas & other parasites, not necessarily the food.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I only feed my dogs a holistic diet. The man is right about the corn and wheat. The chichen is bad is it is by products and instead of chicken meal, although dogs can be allergic to chicken. the best food that i have found for dogs with allergies is California Natural. It only has 4 main ingrediants and plenty of vitamins in it. I have had several dogs with Allergies on this food and they have done very well. They did not get hot spots anymore once they were on it.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2010