What do you do with your kids when it's too hot to play outside?

Any creative ideas for things to do (that are free) when it's too hot for the kids to be outside? My kids are all little (6,4,almost 3 & 1). We have no extra money this week, but it's so hot and muggy outside so the pool isn't really an option...any good ideas?

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Entertainment

• Well we do have a pool so I usually kick the older kids out there but otherwise I just put a movie in and let them be.  On the hottest days they just watch TV all day.  But they don't watch much TV in the summer.  I have them turn it off as soon as I get up and then they are outside.  They get to watch a little before bed sometimes but that's it.  So I don't mind a day or two of all day TV if it makes them happy and keeps them quiet.

They usually also play board games or with their toys either while watching TV or in their rooms when there is nothing they want to watch.  They also color and draw a lot.  We can not have enough scrap paper for drawing in this house and go through crayons/markers like crazy.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Check out your local museums. They usually have free days. If you have a science center, they may have free days too. Check with your local library for kids events.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• in ariz its always damn hot here in the summer ugh!
    i'll take brooke to the pool, OR a spray pad, or the play area at the mall which is inside... or i try to do some crafty things at home
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We do lots of crafts, play games, do puzzles, watch a movie. The possibilities are endless.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I break out the water hose and play in the kiddie pool with them.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We like to do origami. You can google it. Then branch off from there.
    Balloons are our favorite.
    Clean :)
    Things I have planned.....Personalizing an apron, make soap, advance to the 3rd phase of crocheting with dd.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Paint and draw pictures
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 6:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2010