would you have driven over the tracks with the arms down and lights flashing?

I was taking dd and two teen friends to the movies yesterday. We got stopped by a train crossing that was stuck. Cars where going in between the arms that come down to get to the other side. All three of the kids where telling me to just follow the other cars through it. That freaked me out so bad, what if I train was really coming? Have you ever done something like that or did you turn the car around like me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nah, why chance it! don't be pressured!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• The only time I ever drove across was when the arms messed up and a cop was standing there directing people across. Other than that, I just either sit there or turn around and go another way. Even if I can't see a train coming, I still won't go across.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have driven over tracks when the arms were down. I was young and impatient with no one else in the car.
    TheTaoOfKim

Answer by TheTaoOfKim at 2:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No way. really dumb
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• NO! Not with my precious babies in the car!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• When I first started driving, I did. That was 17 years ago. Now I would not even think about doing it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Turn around! Wow. To go through is stupid and irresponsible.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• well not with a baby in the car and not while im pregnant, but if it were just me and friends i would scoot up to the gate look for the train and if its stopped or far away ill gun it across! but i drive a sports car lol...
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 2:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• typically if the arms are jammed or whatevre I'll just turn around and find another way, unless there is someone directing traffic through (someone certified!).

No I won't go through it. My aunts husband is a train conductor and about once a year has something like this happen, where somoene thought the arms were just jammed and went through it. It sucks because there isn't much the train can do about it. It's basically turn your head and hope they survive (although it's not probable).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Hell no! That is so ignorant!
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 2:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2010