Should you go to a 4th July family bbq if you weren't invited by the host? But a mutual friend said to ask it shouldn't be a problem. You & the host get along and talk occassionally. Should I call and see about attending?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• i would personally feel a little weird about going at all if the host themselves did not invite me or tell the other friend to bring guests. if they want you there bad enough they will ask...(not saying you personally, just saying you as a general rule) that is the way i usually look at things (ex. my dad has a friend that we have known for years and now that i am grown and married with kids of my own we still talk and get along but she does not invite me or my family to their barbeque every year for 4th although my dad does get invited, i would feel impossing if i showed up with all my kids or even calling to ask if i could come since i would not want to put her on the spot) my advice----make other arrangements!
    srqmommy

Answer by srqmommy at 2:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would have the friend who invited you ask if its ok for you to come along as their guest.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I thought the same thing as bumble, have the mutual friend ask for you
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree with the first poster.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• eh, I always feel weird about stuff like this. I was going to say exactyl what bumblebee said.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would ask the friend to double check w/ the host.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• what other pp's said.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would feel like I was imposing also. Wouldn't feel right about attending under these circumstances.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2010