my friend is a little more then 5 months and cant eat anything? advice please

she said she tried all her favorite foods and even foods shes never liked before and still she cant keep it down! Her doctor keeps telling her to eat more but isnt suggesting anything! crackers even come right up?

i wish i can give her advice but im only almost 9 weeks and its both our first babies.. :)

Rachelxbby

Asked by Rachelxbby at 3:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had really bad morning sickness for 2 trimesters of my pregnancy and lost 27 pounds in the first 3 months. The only thing that would stay down was the things that I craved. She needs to drink plenty of fluids to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated and also ask the doctor if he can prescribe her some reglan.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 3:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I was like that with my first and the only three things I could eat were vanilla ice cream (slowly), chicken noodle soup (from a can) and buttered popcorn. Seriously.....if you can't eat anything....at all, if she isn't already ....tell her to get a prescription for nausea meds.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Tell her to eat some saltines and drink some black tea before she even gets out of bed in the morning.
    After that, try some toast. Eat everything slowly and don't eat too much in one go.

I was sick for the whole pregnancy with my first baby and couldn't keep anything down. It was horrible. I found that when I took a really long time to eat, things stayed down a little bit better.

There are things that her doctor can prescribe for severe pregnancy sickness so if it persists she should definitely look into those options.

I feel for her, I really, really do. It's not fun :(
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• has she been like this the entire pregnancy? if so she needs to find a new doctor, one that will support her and her needs. If she is throwing up more than 4 times in 1 hour or 6 times in 24 hours she needs iv fluids and anti nausea medication she can go to the ER or LnD for this. If this has happened all of her pregnancy so far its most likely that she has whats called HG- hyperemesis gravidarum. its literally morning sickness to the n-th degree. Its pure hell. I had it with all my pregnancies and the only thing that helped was medication called zofran. its originally an anti nausea med for chemo patients but its used for alot of things now and is the safest anti nausea med for pregnancy. its expensive and by prescription only. But it works great!
    http://www.helpher.org/
    lundaylove

Answer by lundaylove at 3:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• she keeps a negative look on it like ::::i cant eat anything it dont matter:::, and :::its just something i gotta suffer through::: i dont want her baby to be sick! shes my best friends wife and even though their separating and she moved back home. I STILL CARE ABOUT THE BABY!! and shes still my friend regardless of wht their status is!
    Rachelxbby

Comment by Rachelxbby (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010