Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advise on child suport??

My Hubby has 3 kids from 2 past relationships.. 1 he has a court order to pay child support and has been for years.. The Second he pays out of pocket for years and very faithfully.. When he went to court for his 1 child support his ex wrote a note to the court on how he has been paying her faithfully for years, how much he pays her and how long he has payed her.. The court took that in as evidence that he is paying child support for 2 other children.. My Question is to all this when she takes us to court can we take that same letter in as evidence he has payed her??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (7)
  • I would. Letters are very useful in court cases. I used a letter from a witness to secure a restraining order on behalf of my young son.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • yep. I would take that letter, most definitely

    Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • definitely. the worst that will happen is they wont use it,

    Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 3:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • If she is claiming he hasn't been paying I hope he has been keeping cancelled checks and not paying with cash!! Some judges are more trusting than others.

    Answer by missanc at 3:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • sure...whatever evidence you have, bring it. Has he been paying cash? Can you show withdrawals in the same amount from your checking account? Without a child support order in place I would make sure you have some kind of evidence that you paid each month-whether it's a check, money order, or a signed receipt....

    Answer by connorsmom1970 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • I would take in the letter, along with receipts for money orders, or posted checks. It's kind of iffy with cash, but like a PP said, you could bring in a bank record showing withdrawals for the amount he pays. Since he's been paying faithfully, i'm sure they would take the bank records showing that every month he withdrawals the amount he pays as same as they would posted checks and money orders.

    Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • The letter, recipts, canceled checks (the best is the ones that showed SHE cashed them)j, bank records, documentation of involvement in the childrens lives etc.etc.etc. Have TONS of stuff... they can refuse to see it but better over prepared than not at all.

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.