For those who own a Droid cell phone.....

What is your favorite app for your phone? I just recently got a Motorola Droid and I am looking around for Apps and was wondering what everyones faves were.

tracylynnr67

Asked by tracylynnr67 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just got a NEW ONE TOO! Can't wait to see the answers. I got mine on Wednesday June 30. GOOD QUESTION!!!!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 3:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• so far, my fave is for movies/locations/times/ratings..i think its called 'flixster'...maybe?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• plclemo, I just got mine on the 28th. I had a Droid Eris for almost a month before I got this phone. My husband and I and our 19yo got the Eris when we had to switch to Verizon from AT & T (we were on our oldest son's plan for 4 years and he decided to give up his plan so we had to switch) but we weren't crazy about them. We had more or less settled when we got them because the Eris was only $29.99 at Best Buy with a 2 year plan....the Motorola Droid was $149 which was too much for us to consider paying for a phone. A week ago we saw that they were selling the Motorola Droid for $48.88 at Wal Mart and we asked Best Buy if they would price match and they said yes so, since we were within our 30 days we decided to upgrade. Because we also returned our Shields that were on the phones we ended up getting a $7 credit instead of oweing money...my kind of deal. ;-)

I have a couple of favorite apps...will post below this answer.
    tracylynnr67

Comment by tracylynnr67 (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have Key Ring which allows you to scan your store cards (you need the Barcode Scanner app for that, too) and then you can either scan in it at the store (it works most of the time) or just show your phone to the cashier and she can punch the numbers in. The nice thing is that all your store cards are in 1 place instead of having a few of them in your purse/wallet and having to dig for them. I also have Color Notes which allows you to post memos to yourself, TV.Com which is free TV on your phone (they have free espisodes of CBS, Showtime and CW shows and some others--hu8bby loves having Star Trek episodes to watch) & Lookout which allows you to back up your contacts and photos and if you lose your phone you can go online and have it find your phone via GPS and also send an alarm to your phone (it works even when the phone is on silent).
    tracylynnr67

Comment by tracylynnr67 (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Oh and I also have Advanced Task Killer free which helps free up memory on your phone by keeping apps from running 24/7 and keeps space free. That one was suggested to us by someone who works at Verizon.
    tracylynnr67

Comment by tracylynnr67 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010