i dont no how to tell my parents

hello
im 16 years old
and just found out im pregnant im pretty happy about it now.
but i dont no how to break the news to my mom and dad
my sister was a teenager mother to so that makes it even harder.
Any ideas? im so scared right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• without sounding mean or judgmental, I am really curious about why you are happy about it?
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Just be open and honest with them.
    Just_Us_Friends

Answer by Just_Us_Friends at 3:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• becuase i have live growing inside me....... its excitting to me now, i have at time to get over it and live with the idea of becoming a mother.
    Kara.l

Answer by Kara.l at 3:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would have to agree with Connorsmon1970. Education is key here and i hope you have one..

Just break the news to them I am sure they will understand with your being the second child to become pregnant in there household. That way you can get to the doctor and make sure everything is ok. Does the Father of the baby know? It would also be good to inform his family about this.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 3:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• yes the father of the baby knows
    he already has a little one so his parents might kill him to.
    Kara.l

Answer by Kara.l at 3:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I was 16 with my first child. It was scary to me, I was excited but I was scared too. If you live with them then you need to tell them point blank and expect it not to go over so well. Good Luck
    heidi37217

Answer by heidi37217 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You'll have to tell them but don't expect them t be happy. Please please please finish your education. You have to support that baby somehow--it's not all cute outfits and playdates.
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• were you trying to get pregnant? How old is your BF?
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• no i was not i was even useing condoms he is 20
    Kara.l

Answer by Kara.l at 3:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• ok...well your parents can actually have him arrested for statutory rape. (I know...I am being the older mean mommy right now but I think you need to think about these things). Does he work? Make any money? Does he pay child support to the other child? Is he in the child's life? How do you plan to have this child? Do you have insurance? Is he happy about it? Why weren't you on any BC??

ok-lecture over. Tell your parents....get to a doctor...and see what support services you can get so you can continue your education. It's going to be very hard...but you can do it. Just be realistic. I hope your parents do support you. But remember-you got yourself in this situation, you have to step up and deal with it now.

I wish you luck.
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2010