How would you feel in the same situation?

My boyfriend said that he is waiting until he feels that we are ready for a more serious relationship before he asks me to marry him. We dated and got engaged once before (way before we were ready), and broke up, took a break, and got back together, taking things much more slowly this time. This doesn't bother me at all (him not having the feeling yet), but I'm wondering what others ladies would think if they were in a similar situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's good that you're waiting until you're both completely ready!
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It wouldn't bother me.

I would much rather take my time, and make sure the relationship is what I want before making a life long committment. Especially considering this would be the second time around for this particular relationship.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would be completely okay with it. I would prefer taking it slow rather that rushing and end up divorced. JMO
    heidi37217

Answer by heidi37217 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would have no problem at all with your waiting as long as you are also waiting to have sex.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It's so much better to wait until you are both ready to be in a fully committed relationship. Marriage is supposed to be a once in a lifetime deal but too often couples don't go into it thinking that way. Take your time!
    NebraskaMomof2

Answer by NebraskaMomof2 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Waiting is best. Don't add any kids to the mix though. Just concentrate on each other for now.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• First of all, if it doesn't bother you, then you should not worry about what other women would do or think. If my boy friend told me that he felt more comfortable waiting before we got engaged or married, I would be willing to wait it out. After all, good things come to those who wait. Just be a little patient, and try not to think about it, and before you know it, he will ask you to marry him.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010