Do you ever miss your kids being babies?

Or did you not care for the baby stage and enjoyed it more when they were older?

jessran1218

Asked by jessran1218 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have a 3.5yo and a baby that will be 1 next month. I sometimes miss the newborn stage but not the getting up every two hours part.

I love them more and more as they get older because they keep getting funnier and I love hearing what they have to say.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I miss the newborn stage.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I still have a baby, but I miss the new baby stage. Ahe's already 7 months old!
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I miss the newborn phase.... my son is 1 tho and I love it too, to see him grow and learn
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• yeah same here! mines almost 1. But I have a friend though that says If she could skip the baby phase then she would have more kids lol
    jessran1218

Comment by jessran1218 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No.........

My only child is 18 years old.

I never miss or long for those "baby" days. Or any other days really.. I love and appreciate each stage of life my son goes through. And have no desire to look back at the past really. Let me be clearer.. lol... I definitely look back on the past, past events, fondly, I'm a mom.. lol.... We've been through alot in 18 years.. BUT. I never long for those days, I never long to be around a baby or small child again. Or want to go through the baby/small schild stage again. That's just not something I've ever done.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I picked him up from camp yest and saw the babies in the baby room and almost started crying (he turned 7 on Thursday). I love him at the age but yes, I do miss my little baby!!
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My daughters just turned 7 & 9, and while I enjoy and love them every step of the way, I do miss them being babies at times. The sweet smell of their skin, the soft cuddles, being able to hold them in my arms, etc. The time really does fly by.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It's kind of equal for me. I miss the way they NEEDED me so much. This independence crap is over-rated. But I LOVE how I don't have to pack a weeks worth of clothes to go to the store, NO MORE BOTTLES, no more carrying them everywhere. And I can ride on rides with them at the theme parks. I don't just stand by the stroller anymore!
    I am seriously torn.
    MoNKeyBoyz

Answer by MoNKeyBoyz at 4:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I miss the baby stage and I'm waiting for the preschool stage. The toddler stage drives me insane!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 4:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2010