sometimes I just wana go crazy

I love being a mommy! Its the best thing that every happened to me. But somedays between the diper changes and house cleaning I just want to go nuts! I am lucky enough to be a STHM but trying to find WAH can be exasting... Trying to find something to bring a little income ontop of hubby is almost as exasting as trying to explain to the hubby how I can be so tired when Im at home all day. He dont get how much work staying home can be... Do any of you SAHM ever feel under apriciated and just plain burned out? I love being home with my DD but sometimes I just need a break!

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yeah, but hang in there! esp with small kids (mine are 2 & 5 months) it can be a lot of work, and some things have to slide, for me, to take care of others. it truly is full time work. i do look forward to the weekends because dh is off and i can distract us all and do some fun things over the weekend. it does help prepare me for the week ahead.
    also, you may need a night off. will dh let you go to dinner with your friends, or go have a drink? lol. we are pretty much constantly poor, but there's always room for stuff like that!
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I understand! DH is in the Army and comes home to sit on the couch for breakfast, lunch and after work! I do laundry, dishes, take care of our new puppy, I have a 2.5 yo dd who is getting a big attitude and potty training, plus I just got a part time job! Yes, I'm VERY VERY burnt out and when hubby wants to do stuff I'm too exhausted to or I have to work that night! I feel like I'm being tugged from 6 different sides and can't keep up with any of them! lol But I guess this is the point of being a mom.... dealing with the craziness and somehow getting it to work out. We all just need a weekend alone but need hubby to take care of everything while we're gone... lol
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• YES!!!! On the days where I just can't take it anymore I'll pack dd up in the car & we'll go do something else, the park, the mall, etc, anything to get me away from the house! I've learned to live w/ the clutter & accept my house isn't going to look model home ready any time soon. My sanity is way more important to me than if the lotion bottle really needs to live on the kitchen table! Get out & do something you enjoy!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I can empathize with that thinking. It's definitely a tough job alright. Moms wear many hats with this job because it is so diversified. It just so happens to be many jobs rolled into one.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2010