What can I get to help with my daughter's dry skin?

My daughter will be 2 in August and ever since she was born, she'd had dry skin. As she's gotten older, the only parts of her body that's dry is her tummy area and there's a little patch on her elbow. We've taken her to the doctor and every time he tells us to use Eucerin. We've been using it since she was born and it hasn't helped. Has anyone else's children dealt with this? And if so, what did you get for it that actually helped?

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Aveeno baby wash and Aveeno baby lotion. They are even good for excema, and our pediatrician recommended them also when my son had slapped cheek syndrome, to help with the itchiness that they might get.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Have you tried putting baby oil in the bath water? Also this sounds silly but are you putting the lotion on while she is still wet? My daughter's doctor always said to let her air dry but to rub her down with vaseline while her skin is still damp.
    heidi37217

Answer by heidi37217 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• eucerin is suppose to be really good... But my boys doctor suggest Aveeno cream and it has worked wonders. My boys only get dry during winter but when I put it on them it keeps them moist.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We use Aquaphor by Eucerin. It is thick like an ointment and works wonders.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We always wait until she's dry to put the lotion on. My daughter has dry skin all year, but it's worse in the winter.
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Try Aveeno. They have a whole line of products for dry skin. And they also have a new sunscreen product for babies too!
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i used baby oil or dove wash soup and lotion..
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2010