how long did your baby use their exersaucer?

i have one and i'm thinkin about getting a different one because this one has no toys attached and i think we are all sick of picking her toys up, she's 8m though.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• from 5 months to 15 months

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My son loved it for what seemed like forever. Even after he was walking we would play with it while standing on the outside. If your child likes it than get another with toys!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• my ds was out of it by about 8 months, dd only used it like twice tho.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My son didn't use his very long (maybe a month), but it was a piece of crap, so that may have had something to do with it.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 5:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We used it quite a bit from 5 months until about 7 months. From 7 months until the present (10.5 months) we use it only when I feed the dogs (so she leaves them alone) and when I take the dogs outside. Otherwise she is on the floor, rolling and crawling and gearing up to walk.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i would buy a used one at this age.....
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 7:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I never use them. They aren't good for development or exploration especially if babies are in them too long. The floor is free and you don't have to pick up the toys and the baby has freedom of movement.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We have a Jumperoo (sp?). With my son, we bought it when he was around 5 months, and he used it until he was about 9 months. About the time he started pulling himself up and trying to walk, he didn't want to have anything to do with it. As for the toys, that's a losing battle, mama. At that age though, you could put her on the floor with 1-2 toys, and she'd probably be happy. There wouldn't be a reason to have tons of toys strewn all over the place.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My DD has had no intrest in hers since about 6 months.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Only until they started cruising the furniture more on their own (around 8-9 months for my girls).  My son actually outgrew ours by the time he was 6 months.  He was huge.  I put him in at 4 months to see how he liked it and had to put it on the 2nd height setting becuase he was so long his legs were scrunched under him.  By 6 months he was standing up in it and trying to climb out on the heighest setting, lol.  He as already cruising the furniture at that point.

If I was you I wouldn't buy another, I'd find some other toy she could play with on the floor.  Maybe a push toy that doubles as something else that she will grow into.  She'll be walking soon enough.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2010