Annoyed by television!!

I don't let my family watch much television. A little here and there, but not like when we were little and all we did was watch tv. However, I was watching a show where a family fought and had a "serious" problem, but they were able to solve it in a little over 20 minutes. Am I the only one who hates television just because it is so fake, or do you like because it would be nice to live like that?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 4:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ah, yes. The canned laughter, the cheesy smiles, the bad overacting. Sometimes I wish I lived next door to Jack Tripper or Steve Urkel, and I REALLY wish I could solve all my problems in 20 minutes, but, that will never happen. Oh, well, I guess there's always a good reality show to watch. LOL
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Get the Discovery Channel. Mind-numbingly stupid network sit-coms, dramas and game shows are not the only tv available, by a great huge longshot. Find the stuff that's worth the time and eyeball energy to watch, then it will only amaze you that the other crap is popular at all...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Not only bc its so fake but bc its soooo loud! I hate how when the commercials come on their a bazillion times louder than the show you were just watching. I carry the remote around w/ me when I'm cleaning house & the tv's on in the background to keep me company, dd's sleeping during these times, so I can mute it when the commercials kick on. There are some good channels, I like discovery & history. Most of its just mind numbing crap!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I can't honestly say it's all bad. I like the comedy shows, the food shows, and there are many great movies to be seen too. There are sports channels so you can watch say baseball, or football, or tennis, or bowling, etc.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Nothing worth having is done solved or conquered in twenty minutes. I see it for what it is entertainment only.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'll tell you what I hate more No more Free TV. Those digital converter boxes don't work in the rural country. So if you can't afford to get a satellite or something you get nothing at all!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2010