so i bought my sister a snake for 77$ and it dies 3 days later.. they wont refund

my sister was depressed so i started spending money i didnt have on a snake she wanted i put it on layaway 20 down then 40 2 months later. then they call harassing me layaway is only 2 weeks! wht kinda layaway is tht?!?! so my dad put up the other 17 and went and got it for her 2 weeks ago and it dies 3 - 4 days after she took it home! and my friend works there but shes shitty to me since we were both trying to get prego and i did and she didnt! they wont refund or exchange he snake. and i think if she wasnt being so childish since shes worked there forever she could help me! its 7seas pet shop Hegwish or however its spelled illinois

Asked by Rachelxbby at 4:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Talk to the store manager, if there is a warranty they will refund, if they don't warranty their reptiles they are under no obligation to refund the money.

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• ok...I'm sorry but you were trying to get pregnant and you had to put a snake on layaway???

As for the snake....most pet stores have a guarantee but you have to read your receipt. Also, it may be invalid since you didn't abide by the layaway guidelines.

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would speak to the manager/ Owner and complain. You paid money for a pet that died. depending on hte cause of death they should return it.

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• What is the stores policy?

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 4:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• its a family owned store they do wht they want for their family and friends they make their own rules but since this girl is being a witch i think thts why their giving me hell... they take stray kittens and sell them for 70$

and yea i was trying to get pregnant and put a snake on layaway my job is just to buy things i want my boyfriend pays all the bills and buys wht we need seeing he makes 1500 a month and i make 450 a month. i pay my car payment thts 200 a month and buy grocery then its whatever i want!

Comment by Rachelxbby (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• much for maturity. What ever happened to finishing school, getting an education, finding a job to support yourself and then getting married and having kids??? Never rely on a guy to support you!! Go out and make it on your own!!

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2010