Destress

If someone doesn't have money, or a husband that doesn't care or sees it how does someone destress them selfs. I read go to beach, have no car that would get me there, read a book, reading makes me tired so I do that at night if husband doesn't get mad cuz my light is bothering him. take a bath can't leave son alone showers are late at night, get a massage no money. so what does a person do that is very stressed out with little help and no money

seabrezze_11

Asked by seabrezze_11 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Health

• http://www.raisingparents.net/downloads/nanovacations.pdf

Funny... second time I've cut and pasted that address today...

Destressing doesn't take money (and some of your ideas sound stressful to me: appointments, trying to get out of the house on time, remembering the day, sorting the kids out to go, dealing with their stress from having been without mom for hours when you get back...et cetera) it takes effort, attention and personal understanding.

Do you get enough water in a day? Drinking a glass of water staring out the window at a tree, or a crow on the road, or watching the grass grow for 2 minutes is far more relaxing than 'all that' it takes to get to a masseuse. Stretching and bending for half a minute 12 times an hour is more relaxing and rejuvenating than coffee with a friend once a week.

The trick is to keep stress levels low right from the start of the day, not to fix it once you're overloaded.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I clean my house or listen to music. Everyone is different and the music is what makes me relax
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Go for a run/walk and take your son with you.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I enjoy watcjing mindless TV. Or just take a walk.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 4:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I take a nice hot soak in the tub and meditate.

It doen't have to be intense meditation.. sometimes just clearing your mind and focusing on something good that happened that day is enough..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2010